Monday, April 12, 2010

Life and Um Death

I live near a cemetery.  I think everyone should.  Mine is in Hollywood, California.  The Glittering Film Capital Of The World

Having the great good fortune to count Felix In Hollywood (Philip) as my
neighbor and friend, occasionally, during the summer we bundle food, various textiles to wrap about ourselves and assorted non-alcoholic beverages and we head down to the cemetery for a viewing of some film or another.

Originally Hollywood Forever featured only the very bad and tasteless that had spewed out of the studios gates, collectively, over the previous century.  Movies like, "Johnny Guitar", and, "Kiss, Kiss, Kill, Kill".  Cinema I had secretly loved for many years.  



At 14 I briefly owned one of Esther Williams bathing suits. 
Ok, I didn't own it exactly. We, my family had taken possession of it for a brief time. 
My mother excitedly brought it into my room.  My brother and sister were outside building a fort.
Hmm

 A blue, green, silver and gold sequined number, this bathing suit. The frame on the inside I am sure was designed by Hughes Aircraft, so many ribs and all that wiring.  If only I had the swimsuit and been able to watch "Johnny Guitar" at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery...
That would have been  Some Kinda Glamour!


                                This photo shows how all the pretty sequins were adorned.
                                              Though I'm not sure what Jerry is doing.
                                  I once knew a man who was into that, so it's fairly common

6 comments:

Stephen said...

Be warned...I am following you.

Philip Mershon said...

WooHoo! The dam is burst. Let the fun begin.

The Mistress said...

The frame on the inside I am sure was designed by Hughes Aircraft, so many ribs and all that wiring.

My bras are constructed of a complex series of pulleys and flying buttresses so I can just imagine.

Oh, and welcome to our world.

Felix sent me.

Monsieur Fellini said...

everybody should have at least one cemetery

at one point i had the luxury of having two within my reach: the highgate cemetery and the cemetery of the hampstead parish church

Monsieur Fellini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Lethal said...

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie! (I'm just so happy you are here. And sorry you couldn't join us for "Dog Eat Dog." All I can say is ... wow.)